Friday, March 11, 2011

The **New** Me

No, it's not the way I had imagined my life. And definitley, not the life I would have chosen. Being the full time caregiver to a special needs child is demanding, sometimes ugly and extremely busy to put it nicely. I am not only her mom but her voice, her assistant, her advocate, her nurse, her therapist, her coach as well as the main source of her physical and emotional support. But you want to know something really crazy?  I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. As every child changes the life of their parents indefinitely, Lilly has changed my life in a way far beyond what I ever thought possible.

I have discovered that you do not know love, until you are faced with the possibility of losing the life of your child. And while I sometimes think I have lost myself, I quickly realize that I have not lost anything, but have simply changed into the person I was meant to be all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment